Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Patchwork of Days - Daybook

Outside my window...

The sky is clearing after one of the few spring showers that we have had this season. I've been watering the garden for some weeks, its nice to have rain. Its also nice to look out while it clears.


I am listening to...

The sound of kids talking as they clear last nights dishes. Its a nice happy sound for all of us. Sometimes parenting is easy.

I am thankful for...

Lots of little things - this week has made me aware of the effects of being grateful...
  • for eggplants on sale and moussaka for Sat night dinner, 
  • rose syrup that makes great rose flavoring for Mediterranean desserts,
  • hubby moving my desk back over to the window so I have better light for reading, 
  • the gift of a  second hand laptop for the kids...
  • extra space because we moved out the old school computer. 
 It is good to look at the world through gratitude.
 
From the learning rooms...

Busy! My daughter has had the hard word that she needs to finish her work for the term by Christmas. She's been working at half pace all year, and objecting to speeding up. Since I don't handle conflict well I've tried to jolly her along, and focus on what is good. Now we've had to address this head on. It will be a busy few weeks.

From the kitchen...

On Thursday I put together the first batch of Rose-petal Jelly...I was a bit timid and its a good Rose Syrup...great for baklava and other Middle Eastern deserts so I'm looking forward to enjoying them but it looks like after we do the monthly shopping I will be making another batch or two.

I am reading...

I'm hoping to get time in our omnibus schedule and read the next installment of Norse Myths for my youngest son's studies. I've enjoyed seeing the background of the other major influence in English literature - especially Tolkien even if sometimes these stories seem very depressing and wild.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

A much quieter week ahead - almost normal before ballet practices and year end activities start to effect us. This is good. I like quiet.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



No comments: