Thursday, November 11, 2010

The History Delima

As I said I love Veritas's history and the Christian emphasis that is incorporated into the work. I like having a solid base if Christian thinking in the middle ages and the reformation. When it hits the Explorers and American History we become unstuck. It's here that the resources get expensive and well as a Kiwi it doesn't really fit our needs. But it does provide a good launching pad into Omnibus.

Hence the Delima.


For my oldest we simply jumped around so much that we never got to this period of time. Ok we came unstuck here and I wasn't sure what was happening. But now my middle child is struggling with not having a spine to read from, and I'm struggling with being pulled away from the narrate and then have some fun pattern that we all are familiar with.

Hopefully this will make history both more meaningful and increase his confidence in what he is doing. It does mean that we will hit Omnibus a little later - 2nd or third term of next year. But it seems worth it and in truth I can se that we really aren't all that ready for Omnibus year 1 yet.

For now its back to the Story of the World with  Veritas added in for projects when we get to it.

No comments: