With that in sight I'm thinking through our themes for this year. Our trip to Wellington has shaped that.
My first attempt at brainstorming a list of topics gave us 12 subjects and 13 skills - which may of may not be possible in a ten week term. I would like to deal with one idea at a time, not lots but there is no reason why we have to do a topic a week.
In terms of skills,
- Art - Texture & Colour teaching around an autumn theme.
- Progym - Theon's 6 attributes and identifying the authors emphasis.
- Using Theon's 6 as an outline.
- Diagramming Skills 1
- Art - Shape and line
- Diagramming Skills 2 Linking Verbs and Adverbs
- Logic - introduction.
- Logic what is simple Apprehension
In terms of Topics
- Narnia - The Magicians Nephew,
- The Flood, and Babel,
- People of the Eastern World - Egypt
- Historical overview of Science - timeline
- How Scientists think/Lab Skills
- Other Ancient peoples of the Fertile Crescent
- Issac, Jacob and Joseph - Birth & Sacrifice Of Isaac Jacob & Esau Isaac & Rebekah Joseph As A Slave Famine In Egypt
- Science Experimentation 2 Apologia How to Analyze and Interpreting Experiments
- Ancient India, China and and Africa