Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Patchwork of Days - Daybook

Outside my window...
A blaze of purple, pale blue, cream, burgundy and green the Iris are in full flower. Behind them roses are opening. Definitely time to sit outside and enjoy the view

I am listening to...
Our last book order from Amazon for next year arrives - and with it my Christmas CD for this year - Chris Tomlin's Glory in the Highest. Its a little bit early but we couldn't resist playing it for the first time.

I am thankful for...
At the dress rehearsal yesterday I was once again grateful for the roles that my daughter has had over the years and the current choreography put together by their dance teacher. The studio is doing Tinkerbell.. and the junior grades are a mix of small creatures and fairies... the older Jazz grades are toned down this year - but the adult themes in the music isn't quite what I would want to hear every week. for my girl...they have been given the Call from Prince Caspian, and Maze of Grace. Both fun, refreshing and our girls get to be young ladies. Yes I'm grateful.

From the learning rooms...
Celebrations - my middle child who has the reputation for not enjoying languages is consistently getting 90% in his weekly tests. The move to Henle this year, and a gain in confidence have made a huge difference.

From the kitchen...
More thoughts in how I structure our purchases, and keeping order in the kitchen. I spent part of yesterday morning working through a list of the the preserves that I will make this season - fruit crops allowing and what I want to pick up in terms of meat when the price drops in Autumn. I think I have a plan.

I am reading...
The pile by my desk is growing, but this has been a week to relax and enjoy CS Lewis, Narnia style. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I would like to say that the peaceful routine of life returns but it looks like another fun and busy week. We have a Water Safety Day at our local pools, which if it is like  the one they had last year will be a lot of fun. I also have a Friend coming over for coffee.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


No comments: