Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window,


Sunshine, beans flowering in the garden, stillness and morning quiet.


I am listening to...


The fish tank bubbling and the computer fan, the birds on the roof, morning noises before everyone emerges to start the day.

I am thankful for...

I'm thankful for holidays, grace, time to rest and restore the balance again.

From the learning rooms...

I still have planning to do for when we start back, thinking about how to achieve that and the endless frustration of not having a simple system to translate what we want to achieve into achievable chunks in a planner on my desk. Something easy to prepare, detailed enough to keep me in touch with what we need to focus on, and streamline enough that its just in one place. Unfortunately I just don't write in small enough lines to do that on a double page spread, and over two pages it just gets overwhelming... the quarterly juggling act in its reality.

From the kitchen...

Not much, over the holidays everyone is pitching in and doing dinner in turns.

I am wearing...

Long soft summer skirts and floppy white tops.

I am reading...


Stowaway be Karen Hesse, I love being able to get ahead of the pre-reading over summer and throw a few books the kids way that get them feeling excited to read.


I am praying for...

Refreshment and joy in our family, its been a long time since we have playes and laughed and embraced life together.

On of my favorite things...

Long restful walks in the bush, reading by the beach, simple easy meals, Christmas cake and coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week:


This week we are hoping to go raspberry picking, enjoy the beach, and alow the kids and
Tony to spoil me for my birthday.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...


The spot where we crashed and watched the kids swim after a walk on Monday.

In the tradition of the Simple Womans Daybook

No comments: