Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Patchwork of Days - Daybook

Outside my window...

Spring, a mass of green a border of Iris in nearly full bloom, Self sown Grannies Bonnets amongst the Iris, Roses about to open, oh yes and well weeds

I am listening to...

The family is relaxing in from of Ratatouille after a late Saturday night of Guy Fawkes fireworks. When the movie is quiet there is silence.

I am thankful for...

The teaching series we have been listening to from Mars Hill. Learning to be teachable with lots of opportunities to practice this arising in our daily lives.

From the learning rooms...

 I really need to catch up on my Latin studies so that my daughter has work for tomorrow. I was meant to work in Sat instead we went on a family trip to buy a trailer. Um Latin after supper. I'm enjoying  the Aeneid and Luke, have avoided looking ahead to far into next week.

From the kitchen...

Re-organizing my routines back to our monthly shopping and dinners from the pantry again. Somehow over the past few years one good idea after another has turned simple and fun upside down. Money saving ideas seem to have added to my budget in ways that I still don't understand.  How is it that money saving good ideas can end up making the food bill just so much bigger?  Its nice to return to normal, and re-discover a our version of simple and easy.

I am reading...

Seasons of a Mothers heart and a couple of other good devotional books found their way into my bookshelf this week. I'm hoping to enjoy some encouraging reading.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

This week looks like being simply normal. I need to plant some tomatoes, my seed raised ones haven't quite survived transplanting and so I need to buy some. I'm also hoping to tidy up the section ans sweep the spring snow off the pathways. Saturday is the dress rehearsal for my daughter's end of year production.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...




No comments: