Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where is the Joy?

I found this quote from J I Packer,

"If anyone asks us how men may know God, we can at once produce the right formula - that we come to know God through Jesus Christ the Lord, in virtue of His cross and mediation, on the basis of His word of promise, but the power of the Holy Spirit, via a personal exercise of faith. Yet the gaiety, goodness, and unfetteredness of spirit which are the marks of those who know God are rare among us - rarer perhaps than they are in some other Christian circles where, by comparison evangelical truth is less clearly and fully known."

Yes - to drink of the joy of celebrating our salvation, of celebrating His love for us, of knowing that the God of the Universe is concerned with my daily life.

From Psalm 42:5 NRSV

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my help and my God.

With Grace to guide us and the evidence of his handiwork around us I haven't got any excuse to not delight in the work of God's hands.

No comments: