Monday, May 25, 2009

A Simple Patchwork Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...

Its a cool clear post storm day.

I am listening to...

Chris Rice "Clumsy" I'd forgotten how uplifting good Christian music can be.

I am thinking...

How much I am looking forward to heading away for my first Christian homeschooler's retreat next month...

I am thankful for...

A husband who has learned to understand me and love me.

From the learning rooms...

Umm... I'm writing this in avoidance of getting my planning sorted for tomorrow - we're playing catch up on a day that went south.

From the kitchen...

Smells of a Winter casserole - the kids helped clean out my vege bin, peeling carrots chopping leeks. Healing fun!

I am wearing...

A Denim skirt and soft, lilac, wool jersey - crash clothes, comfy and casual.

I am reading...

Composition in the Classical Tradition - in an effort to give some structure to our writing lessons. As much as I love Classical Writing and the progym I need a more relaxed expression of it if its going to work in our home-school.

I am praying for ...

Reconciliation in a difficult relationship, and being spared the storm that is probably coming in it.

I am hearing...

My oldest and youngest laughing over strategy in a game of chess.

Around the house...

The clutter of a day that God sidetracked in the middle.

One of my favorite things...

Watching a fantail play among the trees of our garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

I am looking forward to coffee with the girls tommorrow and a peaceful lazy long weekend ahead with no early morning soccer games - soccer is fun, but then an old fashhioned lazy Saturday is luxury

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



In the tradition of the
Simple Womans Daybook

No comments: