Sunday, May 10, 2009

Floods and Towers

This week our notebook studies centered around the Flood and the Tower of Babel.

We had some fun reading through the relevant chapters of Adam and his Kin by Ruth Beechick alongside our bible readings. I think this was one of the units I would have dumped in the early stages it if very familiar ground for us and I really didn't want to find us bored this early in our new structure. But with the addition of Adam and His kin we ended up with good discussion times and a greater tie in to our history studies than we have seen before.

I still don't know how I feel about Adam and his Kin as a read aloud for this unit. On one hand it gives a very plausible connection between biblical studies and history. On the other hand the natue of this read-aloud leaves me feeling that we are setting in concrete musings around the biblical narratives that are inherently researched fiction.

Playing with texture and paint;
By the Artist


by the Engineer

by the Naturalist

No comments: