Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Patchwork Daybook

Outside my window...

Grey skies and the last of the autumn leaves, we're waiting for winter...and for snow on the mountains. So far the snow has stayed down south, and we're still waiting..

I am listening to...

An album called Focus on  the Prodigal, its a collection of songs based around the the story of the prodigal son.It suits what I need to be reminded of today.

I am thankful for...

Changes in the schoolroom, while not complete the move change the order of our subjects and simply to think about what we are trying to achieve rather than push on through our work is paying dividends, so far its been good.

I am praying for..

That we will continue to find our rhythm for the year and find ourselves on the same place. What to keep what to drop, and how to bring the fun, beauty and joy back into our over busy days
 
From the learning rooms...

I spent my free time consolidating my home-school planning blog with this main one.  Mostly these were my road maps through our afternoon studies.  Blocks of study, either Science, Literature, History or Bible. In the last year or so I stopped planning these out, just winging it, time to focus our studies again.

From the kitchen..

Soup, lots of soup recipes that we are trying out, as well as the old favorites. Last week it was Leek Potato and Bacon from the Foodtown magazine, this time trying to see if I can find a good base for a Beef and Barley Broth style soup.

I guess I also need to make the fruitcake to go with Tolkien...

I am reading..

The Return of the King and finishing up Chaucer. It should be a good week lots of good writing, fruitcake, and thanks to hubby lots of wood to keep the fire burning in the lounge.

 A few plans for the rest of the week..

Art Lessons for the bigger two this week. One of the Mum's in our home-school group has enlisted a friend to take art for 4 weeks, a quick overview of drawing and painting from still life through to an acrylic on canvas. For my Artist it gives her a chance to fill in the gaps and sit under a real teacher.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Pheobe is our elderly moggy, she was left in the cattery to long as a kitten and so she doesn't really know the niceties of being a lap-cat. She has a really hard time when Zeke disappeared, followed by a worse time when Merry and Pippin came to keep her company. Slowly she's learning to share. What's neat is seeing Merry behave just like Zeke would, quietly determined to wait out her tizzy's and make her part of his family. Its a good think he's patient and has Pippin to play with!

A Daybook post in the tradition of  A Simple Woman's Daybook 

No comments: