Saturday, March 14, 2009

Week 6 Update

I know I spoke to soon last week, by the time I got to the end of the marking pile things were not quite so rosy, and this week we reaped the consequences.

Maths: The younger two are meandering through this, both of them are comfortable in maths and after all its the first subject of the day..so it generally ticks over. I'm looking forward to my youngest moving on from his side track into measurement and back onto Singapore. For my Artist Jacobs came undone this week. I think we have a handle on why and a solution.

Writing: It was so good to read elsewhere on another blog the difficulties people have with the progym. It seems so logical and simple, so much like a fun way to enjoy language - until it comes unraveled again. I keep plugging on but it is ironically the one area in our home school where busy work seems paramount. I think its just that it takes so long for me to workout what the objectives are each week that well we've struggled through both the necessary and the unnecessary.

Latin and Greek: Greek seems to be the favorite this week, although it changes. I'ts been nice ot slow down the pace with my studies and my daughters as we review verbs in Henle, i realise it will get a whole lot harder soon.

Our afternoon studies are a really mixed bag. I like what we are doing, more freedom less stress for me. When it happens it's great ... for my oldest two it simply keeps bogging. They don't get thier, or they read and give up putting any form of note book page together. I'm finding it frustrating - one week to learn one week to unbog. Maybe this week?

No comments: