Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dinner Tonight


I seemed to have some extra time this evening so ...here's what we are having for a simple evening meal...well kinda simple.

Chicken Parmesan

I cook five chicken pieces to cover us for this, but feel free to adjust the quantities.

5 or so chicken pieces
1/4 or so cup of Tomato sauce
440 gr can of tomato puree,
2 cloves garlic,
1 teaspoon basil, or a handful fresh
1 teaspoon salt.

Mix sauce ingredients together and cover chicken. Oven bake for around 1 hour until cooked through. Then cover each piece of chicken with sliced or grated cheese - normally Cheddar or Colby, and a sprinkling of Parmesan.

Bake for another 15 min until the cheese has melted.

I normally serve it with rice and a salad but tonight though I had a surplus of potatoes, so I'll serve it with Rosemary Potatoes. I've sliced them, added a drizzle of olive oil, 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed and about a tablespoon of fresh rosemary (dried works as well) and salt. I'll cook it in the oven while I do the chicken and they should both be ready in about an hours time.

No comments: