Thursday, March 19, 2009

Starting Over

Its been an interesting week, and it's ended somewhere unexpected.

I think for years now I've had two pictures in my mind of what school should be.

One is a flow of subjects where we learn, or do and then move on, digging in deep sometimes, practicing what we need to others and then heading forward. Its school that has room to spend all morning reading a book, or allows people to head apart and work through the latin drill, maths and other routine type subjects without getting bogged down.

Th other is the reality of three grades, excellent home-school materials and a schedule that never quite makes sense.

Anyone reading this blog of a regular basis has probably already seen the effects this has on our home-school. Sometimes it all comes together normally it doesn't. But generally I've been to worried to take the plunge and run a one room, one family learning program. well this week for a number of reasons - predominantly that plan A isn't working - we dived in.

I'll post where we are heading in advance maybe - simply because I need somewhere to think out my ideas.


No comments: