Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wisdom and Eloquence

This book arrived in my letterbox on Monday, and since then I have been steadily reading my way through it. I was encouraged.

Many of his comments have been encouraging.

The call to weave our faith throughout the curriculum.

The need to work on character and discipleship along the way.

A sense of being able to merge subjects together as we work on tools and not on set texts or blocks. (Since the book itself is aimed at teachers I'm wondering if that's just what my heart is telling me is the next step and not his actual message.)

Most importantly he has challenged the thinking that keep me tied to doing this series of great books or that for the "High School" grades.

I'll end up re-reading this slowly latter. For now the overall impressions have revitalized my enthusiasm.

No comments: