Friday, August 6, 2010

Running in circles

For most of this year, my blog has been quiet, my garden empty and my desk a mess of busyness. Its been a year of transition, transitioning from elementary to junior high, or rather primary intermediate to college in NZ terms. From short stories, narrations and hands on projects to longer works and a new, uncomfortable way of doing things too busy. Willa hit it on the nail over here and  here. School has overstepped it bounds and become heavy - very heavy.

Once again I am torn by doing what is best for each of my children individually ( according to the curriculum providers,) or of joining then together into a one room home again... and simplifying. Or is is simply that I need to take back control and prayerfully run things...Much to pray about.  Largely because to put everyone together is to undo a lot that is working and to move into waters that become very slow moving. The third option is simply to slow down, take one day and at a time, renew our strength and get rid of the clutter. And to go skiing.... nothing clears you head of business like a day on the mountain. For the moment I'll take the third option and see where we get to.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding the balance--the sticky wicket. It has always kept me churning. Love, love the photo!

Jean

Valda said...

Thanks Jean, I'm still trying to work out how much of the discussion from Circe should weave its way into our home. The Photo was one of those right time moments as I tried to chase the kids down the mountain and decided it was nice to give them a head start and enjoy catching up.