Sunday, May 16, 2010

That was encouraging

This morning amidst the chaps of hyper kids and boys wrestling on the couch... do I get to admit that in homeschool cyber pace, I had a wonderful discussion with Hubby about our curriculum choices. My husband teaches science for a living at the local Chrsitian/ACE school. While he's always been supportive and trusted me, the whole classical thing is something that I've grown in independently of him. Our paths of research have always been separate.

In the last year, amidst all the doubts and all the challenges of three homeschooled kids who still think the emphasis should be on home and not on school, my husband has been looking at my curriculum choices and seeing the possibilities. I'm finally seeing not just the good idea but the fruit of how Latin and Greek, Grammar and Progym, Maths and Logic, Art, Narration and discussion, all fit together into a unified whole and it is good. This morning he looked into the book I've struggled with the most. Veritas' Omnibus. It is good to have his seal of approval and to know that the toil is worth while.

No comments: