Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beauty


I've succumbed to the word craze of picking a word to describe where the next year is heading to. In reality it seems that the word has brought itself to my notice as a good mascot for what I want to achieve this year.

"Beauty" sums up so much of what I want to work on this year. Fostering beauty in relationships - being gentler with the kids and Tony, and myself. Not stressing over the small stuff. Last year I wasn't always gentle in what I said, this year I want to work on it.

I want our home to have an atmosphere of beauty to it. Much is already in place and yet it would be good to keep a better routine of order and peace.

Yes I have personal beauty goals as well. At the start of the year I started sewing with my girl, and it was fun. She's rapidly becoming a young lady and I would like to be a better role model of feminine, modest beauty than I currently am.

Beyond it all I want to see the beauty of laughter, and joy in our home, and overflowing it.

So my word for this year, my mascot is looking to find beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beauty. I have always thought beauty was something that was necessary in life--right up there with generosity, simplicity, and loving life.

Blessings on your new year!
Jean