Friday, September 11, 2009

Musing on afternoon studies

In the last week I've been thinking a lot about what each subject contributes to our learning experience. In the process I've come to realize that some fine tuning is required. I'm happy with the toolbox and the omnibus studies. Despite the debate about whether we do eachsubject in a block or mix them through the day my aim for the next year is to work through the following resources:

History

The story of the World 1,
Famous Men of Greece, Famous Men of Rome,
D'Auldaires Myths,
Black ships before Troy,
The Adventures of Odysseus
and In search of a Homeland.
(This gives us all a grounding in Greece and Rome which somehow kept getting disrupted in earlier years.)

Bible

Reading through the OT from Genesis through Judges
A house for my name.

Science:

Apologia Exploring Creation with General Science.

Literature:

The Horse and His Boy
Veritas Omnibus Notes

I must have been tired when I first wrote this post. Put like that is isn't as scary as it seemed this morning when I tried to work out if the blocks were better.

No comments: