Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another battle - a new ending

Slowly we are moving forward again. slowly.

My boy has turned from the defiant challenging I don't get it lad of last week to a listening, trying to be good. At least the discussions are promising. We aren't always succeeding, but he is trying.

He did manage to do his morning work today with a good attitude, and in a timely way. He wanted it to be right.

This afternoon the effort got to be a little much, and we had to work hard to not fall back into old habits.

I want to be hopeful, that soon we will round that corner where schoolwork becomes something that we do, grow in and occasionally enjoy without all the fuss.


1 comment:

Valda said...

I spoke to soon and too optimistically... next week he gets a time of unschooling, of limited but indefinite duration. He has continued his defiance of schoolwork mum style - pushing me beyond where I am prepared to school him, and in the process possibly getting himself into a state of depression. He's pretty down but simply getting on with what he is asked doesn't seem to be an option for him. So we will see if time to himself will change his opinion of life.

Normally at this stage he promises to sort it out and be good as long as I keep teaching him, but rarely does that last for more than a day or two.