Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home Church

Since the start of the year my husband and I have been spending time listening to sermons from Mars Hill Seattle. Its been good to drink deep of a gospel based, reformed position. Coming from a small town our church choices are very limited, and currently there isn't an exegetical preacher in town. At least I've not heard of any through the grapevine... so its been good to sit and let God's word minister to us, let the gospel renew us and enjoy the teaching.

Its been fun, encouraging, and neat to hear children who really couldn't remember what they had been taught in Sunday school discussion an idea or illustration form a sermon. Yes! I'm definitely excited at this move, even if I also realize that it isn't the best long term solution it is certainly a good for now one.

My biggest question is about having the opportunity to met other people, build friendships and have fun with others in the context of faith. My prayer is definitely that one day that will happen again. I'm sure it will. In the meantime I will have to work just a little harder on building up those connections I the place where we are.

No comments: